Monday, November 27, 2006

Gal toys

HB's got her new phone and I got my new dSLR. And off we went to explore VivoCity once more. I wanted to show her a shop called Mother Garden that my nieces and I discovered. It sells cutesy stuff in pink and other sugary sweet pastel colours. The draw? Half the shop sells stuff for pooches, like the gym pants in the picture and denim jeans! A worried shop assistant cautioned us that they were for dogs. Why? Because a customer actually bought some clothes for her daughter. Fortunately, he said, she also had a dog who could wear the er hand-me-downs! We had coffee and tapas at Corduroy Cafe as we watched cruise ships go by.
I actually had my EOS 400D in my small knapsack when we cycled on Pulau Ubin yesterday. The shots above were taken at two different settings. Left: Macro presetting and the other on aperture-priority. But I like the colour rendition on the left better, not so yellow.
None of the pictures has been touched up, save to reduce them for web-viewing. These flowers were taken in a park that has been built to overlook the Ubin quarry. We didn't know it existed until we went to hunt for geocaches!
Watch this space for more Ubin pictures... /To be continued

No comments: