Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas with friends


I wonder how many more Christmases like this we would have once all the kids grow up and would rather spend Christmas with their angst-ridden friends! Then, it would be just us old fogeys reminiscing about the good old days and clacking our dentures! But on to Christmas this year...


I was molto molto disappointed with the turkey - I forgot to cover it up before putting it in the oven! And I kept wondering why it browned so quickly. Duh! It came out the texture of cardboard. So there went the quinoa stuffing and the honey lemon glaze! Next year, next year... Thankfully there was an onslaught of dishes to distract hungry diners! For foodie report, see vnchewie's blog. The Chiens were busy in the kitchen preparing the choc fondue, while Ed was trying to suck out the tequila/cointreau jelly shot.

The kids came prepared with enough distractions to stop them from getting bored. The younger children at least! Some video game thingy and Crazy Cups, which Han Cheng said could not double as real cups for drinks. I'm not sure how the teens killed their time, though.

I believe most of these face shots were taken by Michael.

No comments: