Saturday, August 06, 2005

Meso or miso?

Yesterday, I went for an Eporex mesotherapy treatment - two actually. Freebie. All part of the job. It was a strange experience.

It's not the real mesotherapy - with needles - but one which claims to do the same job of delivering herbs and other chemicals to the sub-cutaneous layers of the skin so that they can work their wonders there. It uses isophoresis - which is kinda like a physiotherapy session i was had where they stuck my hurt foot with some gel pads and ran electrical pulses through me.

This time I had my left hand placed on a pad of cold gooey gel and the therapist ran the tool which is attached to a bottle full of what-nots over my tummy area. Yeah, it was supposed to slim me down, but at just one session, I didn't see any results (except a smoother tummy after a nails-on-slateboard soundalike torture of an exfoliation). My face (anti-ageing treatment) was smoother too - but it could also be thanks to the exfoliation.

As you can see I'm still a sweat and starve (OK, that has never happened) sorta person.

2 comments:

Viv & Chewie said...

I still much prefer the Galaxy Steam Bath & Massage at Spa Botanica. It's so, out of this world...

Anonymous said...

I had ten sessions and it worked for me. I wouldn't say it's a relaxing treatment but not painful, it did the job though!!! Ring round the clinics though for the best price cause they do vary. You can find them at http://www.eporexmesotherapy.com.