Monday, June 25, 2007

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT...

My power supply keeps tripping in thunderstorms. Then, the water in one bathroom starts leaking.

So, I call in the contractor to fix everything once and for all. New wiring for the whole flat, new water heaters and shower sets so that I have better control of water temperature, new wrought-iron grilles that cannot be bent with a spoon. Quite a bit of cash outlay there, but better now than having the home catch fire or having a break-in.

Then HB falls and sprains her arm while... um... going for bak chor mee (wink-wink). And I leave behind my heart-rate monitor at the gym shower room. It's nowhere in sight, says the counter staff. (Now who would want a used sweaty black band, I wonder). It costs me a pretty penny to replace it.

Then I dent my car while rounding a tight corner in a carpark. No paint lost, so I'll hold off getting that fixed.

Later in the evening, I forget to return my cashcard to the car's IU and... flash-flash. I'm waiting for a summons to come in the mail for not paying toll on the CTE.

Two days later, loaded with work, I forget to move my car into the office grounds. Another $20 down the drain.

Over the weekend, after visiting my niece G2 at the Girl Guide carnival, my phone is swiped at a crowded book store. The phone is 5 months old. It's not perfect, but it's new.

It never rains but it pours. What's next? Bring it on... NOT!



2 comments:

Viv & Chewie said...

You need to bathe in flower water ah...??? hehe.. let's hope nothing else happens!

Kakatua said...

And I left my sunny yellow brolly at the optometrist in the same week!!! Flowers'll surely die before they even touch my bath water.