Tuesday, October 23, 2007

BEP-BOPPIN'

Three ah sohs and a teen at the Black Eyed Peas concert tonight


Tickets said: "Doors open at 7pm with pre-show performance by Click 5." So we packed dinners and had rushed meal by the river. And waddya know? The tickets lied. No, no, no, no, don't lie...
These mop-haired newly post-adolescents, we old fogeys don't get. "THEY KINDA LOOK LIKE THE BEATLES AND SING LIKE RICK SPRINGFIELD!!" one of us shouted above the racket.







The Peas, we get. Theirs was a slicker delivery. Being veterans, they know how to work the crowd. Besides, they've got better sound, video and stage people making sure things run smoothly. And bouncers too.
I've decided to work to Fergie fitness - after watching agape as she somersaulted across the stage several times on only one hand and while still singing nearly on-pitch!




So enthralled by the trumpet intro to Pump It, I just couldn't make myself record the whole sequence. This is what I got before switching off the recorder to join the party!




The only decent photo I managed to snap. Join the autograph queue? No way - the way the line stretched, we'd be turned away before we got to halfway mark. Besides, it was a school night, even there were no lessons the next day!


What most of my other photos looked like because I hate using flash and teeny-boppers kept elbowing me off-focus.

No comments: