Woke up early (set the alarm at 7.30am) to go hunt for two caches right by the hotel. Found only one (more details on geocaching later) and then had a Japanese breakfast. Broiled salmon and some cold veggies in the main dish. A packet of very crispy nori, a bowl of warm yong tau foo-like stuff. Top of the tray are maguro cubes covered in some white sticky stuff, lady's fingers, chewy crunchy thingy. There were sticky rice (and more in a big bowl), miso soup and pickles, one of which was like sng buay but pink in colour (very sng!!!). Oolong tea in a porcelain cup and in another cup, what looked like clear water with some brown and orange sediments. That tasted like very thin stock - not sure if you supposed to pour it onto something or just drink it straight. I set it aside.
First stop was a geocache near this Philippe Starck-designed building - it's the Asahi beer HQ! Yup, someone drank too much while conceptualising this.
After that, did the touristy thing and visited Asakusa (after asking the i lady a lot of questions like any custom to watch out for so I don't insult devotees, how to get here and there etc). The temple complex was packed with people. In fact, there were people everywhere I went. Turned out it was a school holiday. There were many TT shops that you have to run the gauntlet before reaching the main prayer hall. Some sold interesting stuff but I wasn't sure if they were worth the buy - I mean $7 for each handphone dangly thing!More pictures tomorrow. Too tired today after so much walking. Looks like I'll have to play catch-up later.


3 comments:
Maybe the sng buay for sour plum tea? Which airline did you fly? Doing a review?
Any close up shots of the Cherry Blossoms? Macro? Oh dear, will surely get scolding from kkt for being so demanding.
Quite good to have internet connection in your room. Then at night can blog and chat. Or maybe, it's a burden? hehe...
ANA, part of star alliance. sour plum tea? Hmmmm....
Close-ups AKAN DATANG!!! I must've walked 20km today dah!
Post a Comment